Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

A bit late, but I'd like to wish all of you a happy new year!

2009 was a pretty good year for me. I started my Etsy shop in January, and I think it's going pretty well so far. I read a lot of good books and comic, saw some awesome movies, and even went to a couple of plays. I'm feeling more independent, and more like an adult, than I ever have. And of course, I got to spend the year with Justin. He's my best friend, my partner in crime, and the best boyfriend a girl could ever want :)

This year has started out well. The winter issue of Stuffed Magazine is out now (with two of my dolls in it!) I finally bought a drawing table for myself, so I don't have to work on my bedroom floor anymore.

I don't like the idea of "resolutions." I prefer to set goals, and make lists, of things I want to do. Here are some of the things I want to do this year...

*Draw, paint, and make lots of art.
*Start drawing the "Caprice" comic book.
*Make more of my own characters and designs into plushes. Take breaks from doing commissions to focus on my own work.
*Learn to play the ukulele!
*Update my wardrobe. Make more of my own clothes.
*Use the fabric (and other craft supplies) I already have before buying more.
*Organize my room, get rid of things I don't need. Stop hanging on to junk that I might use "some day."
*And of course, blog more! I really need to write here more often :)

I think that's a pretty good start. Happy new year!

No comments: