Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I hope that everyone had a lovely Christmas. Mine was pretty sweet!

I got some awesome presents. I got a bunch of books, including the Tori Amos book "Comic Book Tattoo," the first volume of Hellboy, "How to Be an Explorer of the World" by Keri Smith, and the new Neil Gaiman book "The Graveyard Book." My dad got me subscriptions to Juxtapose and Craft magazines, and Amanda Palmer's new CD. Justin got me the Dr. Zoidberg action figure!

My cats love Christmas!
Christmas1
Christmas3

After spending the day with our families, Justin and I went to see "The Spirit." The previews weren't amazing, but I love the character and the recent comic series so I went with an open mind. It was...ok. Not great, but not horrible either. I'm not sure if Frank Miller was the best choice for director (I love his visual style, but he seems to be stuck in film noir) It was a little too goofy and cartoon-ish, and there wasn't much of a plot. I give it a 5 out of 10.

While waiting to see the movie, we wandered around looking at all of the coming attraction displays. I found one for Coraline! I'm really excited about this movie. What could be better than a Neil Gaiman story, with Henry Selick animation and direction?



I'm going to be posting again soon about this past year, and my wishes and hopes for the new year.

Cheers!
Lindsay

No comments: