Friday, January 2, 2009

So, this is the new year...

Happy New Year to you all! I thought I'd do a year end blog, something about how my 2008 turned out. It was a pretty good year, overall. Even with all of the bad things going on in the world, the horrible economy, and the sad news of wonderful entertainers dying...I still think it was a pretty good year.

Obama winning the election made my year! In less than three weeks he'll be our new President, and I'm so very, very excited! I spent my whole adult life with Bush as president (he was elected when I was 18) and now it's finally over :)

I had a hard summer. I was sick and sad and worried all of the time. I found out that I have anxiety disorder. But through the miracle of modern science, they have pills for that...so I'm feeling much better.

I got to go to my first comic book convention with Justin. I really wish I could have stayed the whole weekend, but I felt horrible and sick so we only stayed for one day. It's ok, though. It was fun day, and we're going back this year.

I had an absolute blast at this year's Monsterfest! Justin and I shared a table. He had his preview edition of Divita for sale (with my illustrated cover!) and I had a bunch of my plushes for sale. I met some cool people, and later we watched horror movies until dawn.

I want 2009 to be even better. I'm already planning some awesome stuff. I just signed up for a shop on ETSY, so I'm hoping to grow my business this year. I'm working on designs for my own plush characters and creatures. I'm going to be illustrating at least one comic book (maybe two by the end of the year?) And maybe (finally) I'll get a real job and movie out on my own.

This year I want to do something creative every day. I want to see lots of good movies, and read lots of awesome books and comics. And I want to spend time simply doing nothing with Justin, feeling calm and loved.

No comments: