Sunday, June 7, 2009

Comic book reviews - June 7, 2009

I haven't done a comic post in weeks, so I have a big stack to review. I'm just going to do quick reviews this time. I'll make the next review post longer.

The Umbrella Academy: Dallas #6 of 6
Really good conclusion to a fantastic story! 5 out of 5

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz #6 of 8
Flying monkeys! Yay! Cute comic, as always. 4 out of 5

House of Mystery #13 and 14
13 - Three short stories, each centered around the number 13. Really fun departure from the current story. 4 out of 5
14 - Harry and Peter are stuck "somewhere" outside of the house, and Harry finds out that he may not be real. 4 out of 5

Ignition City #2 and 3 out of 5
I'm still into the story, but something is off with the art. Something about the faces just doesn't seem right. 3 out of 5

The Unwritten #1
Very cool first issue, I'll definitely be reading more of this. 4 out of 5

Buffy Season Eight #25
Finally, we find out what happened to Dawn. Pretty good. 4 out of 5

Buffy Season Eight, Tales of the Vampires
A special issue by Becky Cloonan and Vasilis Lolos, focusing on the new world where vampires are cool and slayers aren't. Loved it! 5 out of 5

Madame Xanadu #10 and 11
10 - The conclusion to the first story arc. 4 out of 5
11 - New story, and a new artist. And a cameo by Wesley Dodds?! 4 out 5

I've also been reading The Great Fables Crossover, but I'll save those reviews for when the story is done.
Until next time!

No comments: