Tuesday, October 11, 2011

New York City trip!

Next week I’ll be going to New York City! My boyfriend's movie, Caprice, will be screening next Tuesday and Wednesday night at The House of Yes in Brooklyn.

It will be my first trip to the city, and I was wondering if you lovely people had any suggestions for things to see and do. I’ll only have two days there (Tuesday the 18th and Wednesday the 19th) and I’m on a budget.

I'll probably be staying in Queens. I’d like to visit the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria. They have a Jim Henson exhibit right now that I really want to see. Any other places near there that I should go? Restaurants, shops, or other museums?

I’m already planning on stopping by Obscura and My Plastic Heart (on the Lower East Side) so if there's anything else near there that I shouldn’t miss, let me know.

And of course I’d love to see other parts of the city, too. It’s such a big place and I have so little time!

Also, are there any places or neighborhoods that I should avoid completely?

No comments: